Friday, January 04, 2008

Ripple with multicolored yarns

TADA!! Finally finished the ripple I started
last week.


1 row cream, 2 rows multicolored or solid color,
1 row cream or any colors you choose.
45 x 50 using a K hook
Pattern as follows:
foundation row chain 150 sc in 2nd chain from hook
and in next chain, *3 sc in next chain sc in next
two chains, skip 1 chain, sc in next two chains repeat
from* across to end.
(In case anyone is wondering why? in the foundation chain I usually only skip 1 because I don't like that big loopy chain it leaves it you skip 2 so when I do the regular row I skip two and it brings everything into a nice pattern.)

Row 1 ALWAYS Skip first stitch. Single crochet in next two stitches, *3 sc in next stitch, sc in next two stitches,
skip 2 stitches, sc in next two stitches repeat from * across, ending with one sc left uncrocheted at end. Chain 1 turn

Row 2 skip first stitch sc in next 2 stitches (up hill),
*3 sc in next stitch (top of mountain), sc in next two stitches (down hill), skip two stitches (in the valley), sc in next two stitches (up hill) repeat from * across leaving last stitch uncrocheted.
repeat row 2 until you reach the length you like.

6 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your afghan is beautiful. Over the years I have collected lots of different verigateds and haven't used them because I bought only 1 ball of each. Thanks for the great idea and pattern.
Pauline (Carousel on Crochetville)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Brann said...

I posted a blog entry, along with a link, about your blog. I hope that's okay. You can view it at http://www.brannray.com/?p=135 if you'd like! :) If you don't want me to have it on there, just let me know and I'll take it off! I love your stuff!!! :)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Wow, another great afghan! This one is beautiful, and a great way to use up those variegated yarns. I may have to try your pattern on my next scrap afghan. Thank you so much for generously sharing it.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger WarpspeedLinda aka Crochetingfool said...

Thanks so much to all of you. I love different variegated yarns and I still have lots left over from my last two afghans...I'm making another one with leftovers....
I'm happy to think that someone wants to link to my blog...wow I feel special. Thanks so much.

Linda

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger PattieJ said...

This is gorgeous!!! But then again, ALL of your afghans are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pattern! :)

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Judy said...

love this pattern!! thanks for sharing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home