Saturday, December 29, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007


I was going through my yarn room
packing excess yarn for friends
when I got side tracked and
found all this variegated yarn.
I decided to make this afghan while
on our Christmas Vacation. I finished it
on Christmas morning.
It's a basic 6 row granny square using K hook.


My husband gave me the latest Vanna White
book for Christmas and I made this afghan with yarn I had with me.
It's called a stacked log cabin.
In Vanna's book she uses 4 colors
but I only had enough for two colors.
I used teal blue and aran.

I'm now working on another ripple using the remainder of
all that variegated yarn. Here's a peek at it.

8 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Your afghans are beautiful! You do such wonderful work, and have such an eye for color.

I have a stash of variegated yarns too, and have started a square afghan just like yours. Aren't they quick and fun to do?!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger WarpspeedLinda aka Crochetingfool said...

Candy~~

Thank you so much. I'm sure your afghan will turn out beautiful. These large squares are so easy, they really work up fast!

Linda

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I love all your afghans ... beautiful work. I finished a few for gifts as well.
The Crafty Side

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger wenc3160 said...

Your afghans are beautiful!!!!!!! How do you find the time?!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Karen said...

The afghans look great!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't say it any better than Candy already did!!!! I love all your projects. On the varigated granny square, how did you do the black? It pulls the whole thing together so nicely.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger WarpspeedLinda aka Crochetingfool said...

The granny square afghan is the basic square. With Black I double crocheted around the whole square. In the corners I did
3dc,ch2,3dc then slip stitched them together.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Linda! I'm going to start mine tonight! You are an inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home